Sunday, December 18, 2011

Random '80's Happy Thoughts

I've been feeling really nostalgic lately...the '80's was when I was really little. I started having clear
memories when I was 2 yrs. old, so I remember some of what adults dressed like, etc. The
bright happiness of rainbows, or the soft effect of the cinematography is not lost on me. I love that
soft glow that they somehow infused into movies. Not all are like that, I understand. But really, it
is cool. Here're some happy thoughts from the '80's for me. Some are memories, others are from
research.

  • Pacman (Woot, woot, neeeeerum...beep beep!)
  • '80's nintendo game console, complete with Super Mario Bros.
  • Strawberry Shortcake ( As in the cartoon. Nothing BUT the original!)
  • Big, curly hair
  • teased bangs
  • eyeshadow: gray, blue, and yellow
  • lipstick: pink, peach
  • Barbie with glorious, long blonde hair and decked out in candy pinks,blues, and cherry reds
  • jelly sandals (I admired those when I was around 3-4 yrs. old)
  • jelly bracelets
  • gloriously huge sunglasses with dipped temple arms (!!!)
  • My '80's vintage acid wash denim biker jacket (It puckers and poofs in all of the right places.)
  • Big earrings, namely colorful hoops
  • Quiffs! Oh, I am SO loving the fact that they are making a comeback! This hairdo is awesome on guys. Longer on top, short on the sides. This look can be polished or breezy. Just comb back and let the whisps brush the forehead. :)
  • Cropped cardigans
  • boat shoes
  • granny boots
  • sweater dresses
  • Lace tops. Oh my word. I've waited since I was 8-9 years old for these to come back. It's a dream come true!
  • Dolman Sweaters
  • Tights. I love to wear these with dresses and skirts.
  • Bandanas knotted into a bow on the top of my head.
  • Rainbows on clothes and jewelry.
What's something happy you can think about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment