Sunday, September 4, 2011

"Es aprotu mazliet Latvijas." >" I understand a little Latvian."

One of my happy thoughts lately has been the Latvian language. The way it sounds. The rythm
that it makes when you speak it. The accent. I had no idea just how much I would like this
language. As I stayed in Latvia for a month, I learned many words. I didn't realize just how many
until I got home and typed out all that I could remember. In the middle of different conversations
I would be having with various people I would be like "Oh! I still need to add THAT one to my
list!"

As my visit to Latvia proved to be one of the most wonderful things I have ever experienced,
I want to learn more of the language as I aspire another visit. I want to be able to see the Latvian
people grin with delight as an American visitor greets them in their language. :) (Not that I haven't
experienced this already...I just want to do it in a more advanced way.)

My latest accomplishment is: "Es priecajos tevi redzet!" > "I'm happy to see you!"

I think that the above statement captures the overall sound of the Latvian language.

For a sample, you can check out this YouTube video that I've been using to add to my
vocabulary:


No comments:

Post a Comment