Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy thought for the day: Quote from Aristotle

Happy Rabbit Rabbit day, everyone! Those who play this game know what I mean.
It's good wishes for the first day of the month, and whoever says it first wins! I lost
today. A dear friend of mine beat me to it. :)

Anyway, that being said, I turned the page on the calendar on the kitchen wall
today. On the page I read this quote:

HOPE IS A WAKING DREAM. --Aristotle

This quote made me think once again of my favorite Disney princess, Aurora.
Hope was her waking dream. Prince Philip woke her with a kiss after she had
been in a deep sleep from the spinning wheel that she had pricked her finger on.
The most horrible situation that she could yet face was turned into something
beautiful. The battle she had faced was over and won. Don't you just love a
good fairy tale?

This was an encouraging thought for me. I love this quote now.:)

How often do you look for the beauty in your circumstances?

What encourages you today?

1 comment: