Friday, July 15, 2011

Fond Memories: Safeguard Soap, Shower to Shower Powder, and Irish Spring Soap

For some reason every now and then, especially during the summertime, I recall
back to when I was 7 yrs. old. My maternal grandma helped me wash up with
Safeguard soap when we were staying at a hotel. This was about the time an
uncle of mine was to graduate from college. I loved the fresh smell, as well as
the fact that it reminds me of when I was a little girl spending time with loved
ones.

(Picture source: Wikipedia)



Another fond memory I have from that same year was Shower to Shower
powder that my mother used. It was exceptionally delightful on hot summer
days. After I had washed up she would let me use some. It's amazing! Makes
me want to go buy some just thinking about it. :)


Another soap I loved when I was little (and would still like to use) is
Irish Spring soap. I used this one at my paternal grandmother's house.:)
So far the only one I've truly used is "original".

Aloe

So these are just a few of the fresh smells that I so fondly remember.:)

What refreshes you today?

1 comment:

  1. Trying to think of scent memories...Hmmmm....cinnamon,peppermint...the smell of orange candies...Strawberry scented stationary...Ginger cookies,coffee,bacon,orange juice,eggs(breakfast and snacks at Grandma's)...The smell of lavender scented discs that ladies put in their dresser drawers...The smell of leaves burning in the autumn,and food being cooked outside on the grill...Coffee,mints,cake,and nuts(ladies coffees)...The smell and taste of childhood gum and candy :-)

    ReplyDelete